Thursday 2 April 2009

Mushroom Trip

Today my friend and neighbour Darren and I went to a mushroom farm in South Norfolk at Flordon and collected 5 trays of mushroom compost. We did the same last year and the muck spread on the garden seemed to benefit the soil and the veg enormously. It took us a whole morning.


We went in his truck which is former motorway maintenance vehicle that can tip up and so we used that function once we got the compost up the allotment to make the job easier.


We barrowed it off and had some surplus to requirements so we gave some to neighbours who were up there this morning.
I made a recording on my minidisc but as yet have not set up a host site from which to feed to the blog so you'll have to wait for the little audio blog of our trip.
Tonight I made Mr Xue's Sea-Flavoured Noodles from Fuschia Dunlop's book listed on my blog.
It had belly pork, dried shrimp, bamboo shoots, dried and fresh mushrooms, stock and shaoxing wine in it.
Absolutely zilch from the allotment in it though!





























No comments:

Post a Comment